Once you have decided to create and manage your own mortgage pool Fund, you simply must to be able to raise capital for the Fund or the whole effort isn’t worth it. For many private money brokers, raising capital in a pooled asset Fund instead of one deal at a time can be a real challenge. There are critical differences that are not easily understood or mastered. It starts with a mindset and a commitment that capital raising is a key, if not THE key, ongoing responsibility of the mortgage pool fund Manager.
Over the last 20 years, we have raised in excess of $200,000,000 in equity for our real estate trust deed investments, LLCs, and/or five proprietary Funds. We have also successfully arranged and managed debt in order to leverage a number of these Funds including a $50,000,000 credit facility with one of the largest financial institutions in the U.S.
We bring experience and depth to helping you create your written capital raising strategy and game plan and will share with you many of the best practices that we continue to use in raising money for our own Fund (see Investments). Fairway DOES NOT engage in raising capital directly for our clients or any 3rd parties. Instead, we help you develop the strategies, tactics, tools, disciplines, and confidence you need to raise money for your own mortgage pool Fund.
Mortgage pool Fund raising has many legal limitations and restrictions. Creating a solid (and legal) strategy can be tricky and executing can be hard for many private money mortgage pool Fund Managers who have not carefully thought through precisely how and what they are going to do to capitalize their Fund.
Our Capital Raise Strategic Planning services include:
- Emphasizing and instilling the Capital Raising Mindset adopted by successful mortgage pool Fund Managers.
- In depth discussions of limitations and restrictions imposed upon Regulation D – Rule 506 Offerings when raising capital. Note: Fairway does not offer legal advice and all clients are strongly urged to consult their own legal counsel on the area of raising private capital.
- Conduct full Brand Review of you and your company
- Consult with Client Firm to develop a Capital Raise Strategic Plan, including:
- Facilitate the Investment Elevator Pitch, define the Investor Sales Cycle, determine the Target Audience, identify Individual Targets, create a list of Centers of Influence and document and prioritize lists.
- Formulate a 90 Day Strategic Action Plan and priorities
- Help you set realistic capital raising goals and adjust the financial model accordingly.
- Define and document a list of common objections
- Develop a comprehensive and professional Fund Investment Presentation
- Develop an ongoing Marketing and Business Development Program
- Website review and discussion
- Marketing best practices
- Create a marketing/business development accountability calendar
In addition, Fairway America Management Group LLC manages the Fairway America Fund VI (see Investments), an accredited investor actively seeking investment opportunities in other mortgage pools and private real estate asset based Funds, whole and participation interests in commercial and investment real estate loans, real property ownership, acquisition of distressed debt and other real estate based investments, nationwide. Any investment our Fund might make is independent of our consulting, advisory and administration services, however, we certainly expect to source many of our Fund investments from Clients and potential Clients over time. In other words, if we like your investment strategy, asset model, and management capabilities and overall integrity as a mortgage pool fund Manager or deal originator, our Fund may be interested in investing with you over time.
For a confidential discussion about your strategic capital raising needs or to learn more about our services in this critical area of mortgage pool Fund performance, contact EVP / Mortgage Pool Funds Darris Cassidy at 503-906-9109 or submit your query in the form on our Contact page.